The coronavirus pandemic is affecting the business community in a variety of ways. From loss of business to remote work, things are changing fast and businesses need to adapt. The Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce and our family of organizations are working to bring you a series of COVID-related programs to help you navigate this challenging time. Learn about upcoming virtual events to help you as a business owner, employer and worker.
We’ve all seen the unemployment numbers, but our Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation dives much deeper. Normally reserved for EDC-level investors, we’ll provide a briefing and discussion of all of the economic indicators we’re following during the COVID emergency. Join us for this data-driven review of Colorado’s economy.
May 28 | 1 to 2 p.m.
- Watch the All-Member Policy Update. You’ll get an overview of the federal stimulus package, known as the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, and other important federal COVID-19 updates.
- Watch how the CARES Act Impacts Small Business. You’ll learn how the CARES Act applies to small businesses, what programs are available for small businesses and the application process for payroll protection loans. Read the FAQs.
- Watch how you can apply for Paycheck Protection Loans. You’ll get an in-depth guide to the loan application process for the federal Paycheck Protection Program.
- Watch for information on unemployment insurance during COVID-19. You’ll earn what policy changes have been made to support our workforce on the federal and state levels, what resources are available to business and employees, and the process for making unemployment claims.
- Watch for information on Federally Mandated Medical and Family Leave Requirements. You’ll hear an overview of the policy and requirements and have the opportunity to ask attorneys from some of Denver’s leading law firms your HR questions.
- Watch how to manage employees during COVID-19. You’ll learn tips to keep your staff engaged and productive while maintaining their mental wellness through the COVID-19 crisis.
- Watch for information on planning for workplace re-entry. You’ll learn best practices for planning and executing a re-entry strategy for your business when stay-at-home orders are lifted.
- Watch for more information on working remotely and parenting. You’ll learn tactics to help parents balance their professional and parenting lives and maintain their sanity.
- Watch for more information on telehealth in the time of COVID-19. You’ll get a look inside the health care industry’s abrupt pivot to virtual care and how they are caring for patients in these unprecedented times.
- Watch for more information on infrastructure in the time of COVID-19. You’ll hear how our essential services are responding to the crisis and leading the community through this time.
- Watch for more information on how to prepare your business for emergencies. You’ll learn how to assess your organization’s readiness for disasters and other emergencies and ensure you’re ready to weather a crisis safely.
- Watch for more information on planning Your post-COVID-19 workplace. You’ll learn about workplace design considerations and disease control-based recommendations to retrofit your space to ensure you are keeping your employees and clients safe.
- Watch for more information on food to fork: reviewing the COVID-19 food supply chain. You’ll learn about supply, demand and accessibility issues that are facing an industry that impacts us all.
- Watch for more information on Tax Considerations of CARES Act Benefits. You’ll learn about tax provisions included in the act and the implications it will have on your organization and employees.