Smart Talk: Credibility, Communication & Confidence
This program looks at how men and women talk, their nonverbal communication and how they handle conflict in the workplace. Smart Talk offers a way to “reach across the aisle” to open the lines of communication. This program is not saying that the way men do it is right and women should model that behavior. We do not want women to become men; rather as women we should embrace our attributes and integrate communication behaviors that meet the need of the immediate context. The goal is to incorporate both women’s and men’s communication talents and skills. Smart Talk helps women crack the gender code and speak in common terms, so work gets done, conflict gets resolved and mutual understanding and respect prevails in the workplace.
Smart Talk strategies go beyond mere common sense. This program provides cutting edge techniques that can be applied directly with immediate success.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Six two-hour sessions including interactive group work and guest speakers
- Powerful presentations, plans of action, and tools
- Free one-on-one consulting
- Define an assertive style of speech that is direct and fluent
- Free registration to workshops at the Denver Metro SBDC while enrolled
- Why Didn’t We Listen to Aristotle? The 3 Characteristics of Credibility
- How to Minimize the Credibility Gap!
- The Gender Quotient
- Top Five Mistakes that pull the rug out from under our credibility
- Why Don’t They Believe Me?
- The Double Whammy: What Happens When Our Talk Doesn’t Match Our Nonverbals
- Dumbing Yourself Down: It’s What Words You Use
- Persuading Others to See It Our Way
February 20, 2020
March 18, 2020 | 11 a.m – 12 p.m. | Register
April 2 – May 7, 2020 | Thursdays | 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Standard Course Fee – $475.00
Individual Session Rate – $125.00
Denver Metro Chamber Members – $400.00