Job Announcement #2021_5
Job Title: Event Specialist
Reports To: Director of Events
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Range: $45,000 to $48,000
Expected Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
What’s the job?
The Event Specialist works as part of team to plan events. Specialist will spend approximately 80 percent of time planning and executing events and approximately 20 percent of time on marketing, promotion, and coordinating sponsors, tickets and tables for events. Our events team manages over 40 events per year ranging from 20-1,300 people.
What will you do?
Serve as coordinator of all event logistics of assigned events within the Chamber’s annual event calendar, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting site visits and securing event venues
- Working closely with communications team to develop marketing materials and promotional efforts for each event
- Coordinating event ticket and table sales
- Tracking and fulfilling event sponsorship benefits
- Managing event budgets
- Managing event set-up, execution, and tear down
- Developing and maintaining effective internal and external relationships with a focus on high quality customer service
- Additional duties as required by event
Research event opportunities that will result in increased profitability and attendance growth:
- Work with team members to research and develop lists of attendee prospects
- Identify new sponsorship benefit opportunities and work with team to improve/increase sponsor return on investment
- Monitor attendance goals and work towards increasing event attendance
- Identify areas where cutting expenses or establishing a trade can result in increased profitability
- Manage RFP process to ensure vendor opportunities are open to entire membership base
- Conduct and review event surveying to ensure satisfaction and target improvement opportunities
- Research event trends and competitor events to find new, unique ideas that can be applied to Denver Metro Chamber events
Database accuracy and file organization:
- Manage event web pages and maintain accuracy of all information
- Ensure that event registration is open and closed in a timely manner
- Keep precise records of conversations and sales updates through existing CRM database
- Work with team members to ensure that all invoices have been created, sent and payment collected in timely manner while monitoring event sales
- Conduct post-event follow-up and reconciliation
- Organize event files on network drives and keep history of all event-related files and materials
What types of skills, competencies and experience do you need?
- One to two years of experience in event planning, sales, marketing and/or hospitality.
Preferred skills we like to see.
- Prior event planning experience
- Understanding of both revenue and expense sides of event budgets
- Experience with sponsorships and sales
- Experience in marketing for events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Understanding of business/non-profit communities a plus
Why you should join our team?
- We are rooted in the Community.
- We tackle challenges that protect our Members and Community.
- We seek out ideas that make us better.
- We support those around us with care and transparency.
- We work hard and play hard.
Other details you should know:
- Equipment to be used includes a PC-based network system with Internet and Intranet capabilities, phones, and copiers.
- Physical requirements of the job include sitting at a desk (70% of the time); lifting up to 20 pounds may be required to perform the job duties.
- Normal work hours at the Chamber are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Working hours can fluctuate depending on timing of events.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply to join the DMCC family today!
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Careers@denverchamber.org no later than the close of business May 26, 2021. Let us know how you heard about the position. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
*please note this description is not inclusive of all of what the role may entail.
Denver Metro Chamber Benefits Summary
Updated March 2021
DMCC has created a workplace culture that allows our team to focus on doing excellent work, knowing that they have good care. Get a sneak peek below into our caring benefits and perks offered at the Chamber:
We partner with the following carriers:
- Kaiser Permanente Gold HMO or HD Medical Plans
- Rx Coverage
- Delta Dental PPO
- VSP vision care
- Rocky Mountain Reserve / spending accounts
Details of these plans are available upon request.
401k Retirement Benefits
DMCC offers a 401K retirement plan to all benefits-eligible employees, and the best news is that staff can start contributing immediately. Employees become fully vested at the 2-year anniversary of their start date, and DMCC matches 100% of the first 4% of employee contributions.
DMCC knows that taking time away is key to maintaining a healthy and balanced staff. DMCC provides Paid Time Off to staff who work at least 24 hours/week. We also offer up to 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave, paid parental leave, domestic abuse leave, holidays, bereavement leave, jury duty leave and military leave.
DMCC recognizes ten full paid holidays, two half-day holidays and one floating holiday each year.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Spending Account (HSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
DMCC offers Spending Accounts to all regular full-time and regular part-time staff who consistently work at least 24 hours per week. An FSA is a benefit allowing eligible employees to set aside a specific pre-tax dollar amount for unreimbursed medical, dental, vision, and dependent care expenses.
Cell Phone Reimbursement
DMCC reimburses staff to keep us connected via phone. This reimbursement is added to your biweekly paycheck, which means you reap the benefits with ease.
DMCC offers additional benefits to support our staff in unique ways. Providing long-term disability coverage, short term disability coverage, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance for all benefits-eligible staff; we pay 100% of these costs for our staff. We also provide an Employee Assistance Program, Addiction coaching program for staff and families, Life Planning, Financial and Legal Resources, just to note a few.
Because of our commitment to fair, and equitable pay, we are guided by pay transparency. Meaning, we set salary ranges based on competitive market data. Our intent is to be up- front with all candidates about the salary range for their role so candidates can be confident that they are receiving competitive wages.