The Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce announced the appointment of its board officers and 15 new members to its board of directors.
The board of directors approved the following officers to begin their terms in September:
- Chair: Linda Childears, President and CEO of the Daniels Fund
- Chair-Elect: David Eves, EVP and Group President of Utilities for Xcel Energy
- Past Chair: Denise Burgess, President and CEO of Burgess Services
“I look forward to leading the Chamber into its 151st year,” said Childears, the first from a philanthropic organization to lead the Chamber board. “We will continue to focus on smart policy and collaboration to move the business community and all of Colorado forward.”
The following community leaders will join the Chamber’s board of directors in September:
- Steve Carter, General Manager of 9NEWS
- Patrick Cowan, Senior Vice President of U.S. Bank
- Mark Cordova, President of Centennial Bolt
- Carla Dore, President of Workplace Resources
- Noel Ginsburg, CEO of CareerWise
- Chad Jones, Senior Vice President of U.S. Onshore for Charles Schwab
- Carl Koelbel, Vice President of Acquisitions and Development for Koelbel & Co.
- Peter Lauener, President of McWhinney
- Kirk Mielenz, CEO of RevGen
- Marc Neely, CEO, Employer and Individual for UHC
- Ruth Rohs, Vice President of Corporate Communications for the IMA Financial Group and Executive Director of the IMA Foundation
- Dean Sanpei, Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer for Centura Health
- Rob Smith, Executive Director of the Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institute
- Edie Sonn, Vice President of Pinnacol Assurance
- Maureen Tarrant, President and CEO of Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center
“These are people who have excelled in business and in the community, and we’re grateful to their service to help put Coloradans to work in great jobs,” said Chamber President and CEO Kelly Brough.