Our sincere thanks to those of you who recently took our membership survey. The information and insights from this survey are really helpful as we set our priorities and focus for the upcoming year.
We learned a lot and a message that came through loud and clear was the more engaged you are through any of our Chamber affiliates, the more satisfied you are with your investment. So, we want to make sure you know what opportunities are available to you.
- Networking – This is one of the reasons many members first get involved in the Chamber, and that’s why we place so much importance on it. Afterall, it’s how you passed along 1,200 business leads and drove over $52 million in business to each other last year.
Our monthly Net90 events are where many of these leads take place. And, many of you told us that you have been able to make even more connections since we’ve taken our networking virtual, creating a structure that helps you meet even more people than often possible in person. (We can’t wait to see you in person again though! ) Don’t miss our next Net90 on Oct. 14.
And, of course our Gold networking events and programs are delivering similar results, bringing together high-level decisionmakers to learn and discuss business trends and policy issues.
And, many of you told us that our Leads Groups are where you perfected your company’s pitch, taking your sales to the next level. These groups are carefully curated to bring members from non-competing companies together to grow their businesses – and the groups are meeting virtually right now.
- Education – Your feedback also emphasized how important our educational programs are to you and your teams, expanding your knowledge and staying on top of the latest trends. You told us this year was especially important as we were the first source of critical information and expertise who could advise you and help you access information that could stabilize and protect your business and employees during the pandemic. You can review recordings of past webinars here. We intend to keep providing such important content and tomorrow we’ll share what you need to know about Colorado’s pay equity legislation taking effect at the beginning of 2021. Learn about this webinar and our other upcoming educational opportunities.
Here are some additional upcoming programs:
Denver Metro Small Business Development Center – LEADING EDGE™ for Entrepreneurs: This 10-week course is designed to teach you how to start and grow a successful business. The next course begins Thursday.
Denver Chamber Metro Leadership Foundation – 9NEWS Leader of the Year: Although the event isn’t until March, we’re accepting nominations now for the 2021 9NEWS Leader of the Year. Last year, this honor went to Jerome Davis with Xcel Energy. Leadership in our community has never been more important than this year. Nominate the leader you have seen step up during these uncertain times. Nominations close Oct. 5.
B:CIVIC – 2020 Summit Re(Define): This annual event is designed to support corporate social responsibility (CSR) professionals as they (re)define CSR for the next decade. Attendees will explore best practices, find inspiration from peers and hear from experts in the field. The virtual event is Oct. 22. Register now.
- Policy – You told us policy is still a critically important issue for you. We know that sound policy, consistency and predictability help businesses thrive. And, a lot of policy is made at the ballot in Colorado so here’s our ballot guide for this year’s election. For those who want to get even more involved, you can join us at the Gold Policy level to help shape policy and be kept up to date on the latest issues through our three policy committees – education and workforce, health and wellness and infrastructure. Learn about our committees.
- Economic Development – And, you all know that having a team who focuses on growing jobs and our economy in this region has served us well. In 2019, our Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation (EDC) helped grow or attract companies that will bring nearly 7,200 new quality jobs to Colorado, even during these challenging times. In fact, the team currently has 33 prospects in the pipeline for companies seeking to expand or relocate. And, our investors have expressed strong support for our work to build an even more competitive economy by ensuring everybody can access economic opportunity no matter their race, ethnicity or gender. Learn more about the Metro Denver EDC and Prosper CO.
- Member Tools – Want to share your upcoming event or latest company news? Do you have a discount you want to offer exclusively to Chamber members? Or a job to post? You can do all that through your Chamber membership. Check out the member tools by logging in to your account. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to post your job to our new Job Board.
We will keep the opportunities coming your way in 2020-2021. If you have suggestions for us, you don’t have to wait until our next membership survey. We want to hear from you all year long. You can always reach out to me or your membership representative with your ideas.
We love serving our members and doing everything we can to ensure you and your employees thrive. Thank you for choosing Colorado!
Kelly Brough is the president and CEO of the Denver Metro Chamber.