There are 681,000 small businesses in Colorado, and on Saturday, they’ll join the millions across the country celebrating Small Business Saturday.
Following Black Friday, Small Business Saturday is a day to support local businesses that create jobs and boost the local economy. And their impact adds up: across the U.S., for every $1 spent at a small business, 67 cents stay in the local community. And since Small Business Saturday launched in 2010, $103 billion has been spent at small businesses on those nine Saturdays.
Meet some small businesses we’ve featured:
- Small Wonder: Four business owners share their stories – of start-up, of buying a business and of growing and securing the funding to match their customers’ needs.
- Meet the 2019 Small Business and the Start-Up Business of the Year Finalists
- How do you want to be remembered? The 2019 Bill Daniels Ethical Leader of the Year shares how he’s led a business with a commitment to strong values.
Get tips for your business:
- Growing your small business? How do you know you’re ready?
- 5 Tips for a Holly, Jolly & Productive Holiday
- 8 Free Marketing Resources for Your Biz
- Small Businesses: AI is for You, Too
- What’s It Worth? How to Value Your Company
And, share these resources for any business:
- Denver Metro Small Business Development Center: Here entrepreneurs get access to everything they need to start, grow and sustain a business, including expertise, consulting, classroom learning and a collaborative environment.
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce: We work with a simple but powerful purpose, to make your business and our community more successful.
Sara Crocker is the communications manager for the Denver Metro Chamber.