So much has changed from the way we work as teams to how we make connections and grow our networks over the past year. And, the majority of it was done from home!
But count me among the people who are tired of talking to a computer screen! I miss you all!! That’s why I’m so thrilled to have the opportunity to see you later this month at The Great Comeback, our in-person networking event on July 29.
We all might be a bit rusty and a few things have maybe changed — I’m wearing my flip flops even more now 😊. I’m sure we will have no problems jumping back into in-person meetings, but the team thought you could use a few reminders:
- Show off your pearly whites! Your smile not only shows how open and welcoming you are; it also helps people remember you and your company.
- The best connectors are those who readily share what they have to offer their fellow Chamber members. You might have the connections they need to get ahead, and they’ll remember your kindness down the road when they might have an opportunity for you.
- Attend some of our events that you haven’t experienced before, and use this time to not only renew old friendships but build new relationships. Check out our calendar to see what’s coming up.
- Don’t forget to bring your business cards! Instead of dropping contact information in the chat box, we can dust off those boxes of business cards that have been sitting in a drawer and start spreading them around.
- And, of course, wear nice pants – we will be able to see all you now. 😊
Our members are rock stars at helping advance each other’s work and pass leads to one another. Our 2021 April Chamber Champ Gina Ventola can attest to the tangible impact connecting with fellow Chamber members can have. “Twenty-seven percent of our [Ventola Law’s] revenue over the last year came from relationships that we built at the Chamber,” she said.
In addition to helping you grow your business through our networking events, we are also offering most of our programs in person now. Check them out! And, we hope you will join us at our 2021 Annual Meeting on Sept. 17. (If you’re interested in sponsorships for any of our events, reach out to Jenna Brown on our team.)
This year’s meeting will feature a keynote speech by Michelle Gielan, best-selling author and researcher who has studied the link between happiness and success. She now runs the Institute for Applied Positive Research, the research arm of GoodThink Inc., a positive psychology consulting firm.
Here’s some of what we have been up to recently: launched new community events, devised strategies to make our workplaces more equitable, showcased Denver’s resilience, welcomed new team members and achieved milestones at the Capitol, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg. I can’t wait to see you and hear what you’ve been up to later this month at The Great Comeback.
Let’s keep building that economy that works for everybody.
Kelly Brough is the president and CEO of the Denver Metro Chamber.